A go to dish in my arsenal is this salad I make with chicken breast, potatoes, tomatoes and corn atop greens such as spinach or spring mix. The nice thing about this dish is short of the base of the chicken breast and potatoes, you can substitute your favorite vegetables for the corn and tomatoes. Maybe you like broccoli and zucchini or cauliflower and green beans, the key is the seasoning and roasting them in the oven for the right amount of time. The same goes for the chicken….you can use boneless, skinless or bone-in, skin on, you just have to cut the latter off the bone before putting it on top of your salad. Season the chicken as you wish, the other night I used Kraft’s Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing as a marinade.
So here is what I used:
- Chicken Breast(I used boneless skinless strips)
- Mixed Greens(I used spinach)
- Russett Potatoes( I cut-up 3, coated them in olive oil, seasoned with kosher salt and roasted in 400 degree oven until tender)
- 1 cup of vegetable of your choice(I used frozen corn, roasted for about 20 mins)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes(roasted in oven for about 20 mins)
Once everything is cooked, assemble your salad. I add salad toppings such as sunflower seeds and those seasoned tortilla strips to give mine a bit of crunch.
Written by She Cleans