Martha Stewart’s version of Tiramisu really is as easy as 1–2–3!
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
(Note: IF you cannot find instant espresso powder, use instant coffee)
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers
(Note: IF you cannot find ladyfingers, use one of those frozen Sara Lee pound cakes)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, mix espresso powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water until dissolved. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a few tablespoons of cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream-cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).
- Dust with cocoa just before serving.
Posted by She Cleans