- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fruit flavored vinegar, raspberry or pomegranate
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup Fisher Chef’s Naturals Walnut Halves and Pieces
- 1 package (5.5 oz.) mixed salad greens, about 10 cups
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- For dressing, combine sour cream, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper to taste in small bowl; whisk until blended. Set aside.
- For salad, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line small baking pan with parchment paper. Combine oil and honey in small bowl. Add walnuts; toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking pan; bake 12-14 minutes stirring halfway through baking time. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Place greens in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over greens; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates. Scatter fruit, cheese and glazed walnuts over each salad; serve immediately.
Note from Fisher: To substitute toasted Fisher Sliced Almonds for the honey-glazed walnuts, skip steps 2 and 3. Instead, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Place almonds into dry, hot skillet. Stir frequently until nuts are browned, but not burned. Immediately remove from pan to cool. Then move on to step 4. You won’t need the extra-virgin olive oil or honey!