I’ve stared at this recipe at least once a week since I purchased the May issue of Good Housekeeping. Now that I’ve shared it with you, I have no excuse not to bake it ASAP. ♦
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Fresh fruit
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10-inch quiche pan or fluted cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle almonds in bottom of pan.
In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat granulated sugar, egg, milk, and almond extract until smooth, scraping bowl with rubber spatula as needed. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt, and melted butter until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cake can be stored at room temperature, well-wrapped, up to 3 days. To serve, place cake almond side up on serving plate. Serve with whipped cream and fruit, if desired.
Posted by She Cleans